Latest Asia Economic Exclusives - Exclusive Asia Economic Facts & Events
W. Edwards Deming and Japanese Auto Domination
An Official Heavyweight Arrives on Scene
In recent forecasts, Toyota Motor Corporation has taken the crown as the world’s largest auto manufacturer. Toyota’s meteoric rise has not been without setbacks, however, as the company was forced to recall nearly one million automobiles in 2006, a significant lapse of quality control. The Toyota reputation is one built on quality ...
The Asian Mortgage Conundrum
1. Paul Van den Noord, Are House Prices Nearing a Peak? A Probit Analysis for 17 OECD
Countries [OECD Economics Department Working Papers, June 1, 2006].
2. Haibin Zhu, "The Structure of Housing Finance Markets and House Prices in Asia,” Bank
of International Settlements Quarterly Review [December 2006].
3. Joyce Liang et al., China: Mortgage and ...
China’s New Anti-Monopoly Law is Anti-Competitive Works Cited:
1. "China Adopts Anti-Monopoly Law." China Daily. 30 Aug. 2007. 13 Sept. 2007 <http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2007-08/30/
2. For a detailed discussion, see Jensen, Michael C. "Takeovers: Their Causes and Consequences." The Journal of Economic Perspectives.
2.1(Winter, 1988): 21-48.
3. "China Adopts Anti-Monopoly Law."
Mongolia’s Oyu Tolgoi Mine: Steppes toward an ...